Game of Thrones season 8 is all about the Battle of Winterfell. The army of the dead has arrived at Winterfell and the Red Woman sets the pace by lighting the Dothrakis’ swords.
The battle rages for a while before Arya Stark manages to stab the Night King hence wiping out his entire army.
This terminates his goal to kill Bran Stark, take over Westeros and usher in a night without end.
So, who was this Night King?
Night King actor unveiled
The Night King role was introduced in Season 6, Episode 5 in one of Bran Stark’s vision.
This is the first time we see the face of Vladimir Furdik, a stuntman who later takes on the role of the Night King.
Sources however the role was initially played by Richard Brake before Vladimir took over in Season 6.
Things you need to know about Vladimir Furdo Furdik, Game of Thrones Night King
1. Furdik is Slovak by birth.
2. He has worked as a stunt performer in Skyfall, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Spy, Robin Hood (2010), Thor: The Dark World, among others.
3. He is not allowed to blink on set.
4. He has got a good sense of humor. Below is a recent tweet from the Night King actor:
5. He has played other roles in Game of Thrones. During an interview with ew, Furdik revealed that he has played “a lot of horse falls, fire drops, high falls, sword fights … doubled for Arthur Dayne” and is “one of the men jumping from the boat in the fire [during Daenerys’ dragon attack].”
6. He also told Metro that he was the white walker killed by Jon Snow in Season Five.
What did you like about Game of Thrones so far? Share your thoughts below.