Third license sticker is an electronic sticker introduced by the National Transport Safety Authority (NTSA) Kenya as a measure to reduce offenses such as over speeding. Since 2018, all motor vehicle owners are expected to comply with this road traffic rule. It bears data about the vehicle ownership, registration number, chassis number, make and colour. The tamper-proof sticker is placed on the windscreen and is read electronically. It is valid for 10 years. The sticker can be used to detect stolen cars.
To acquire yours, visit the Transport Integrated Management System (TIMS) and follow these steps:
1. Log onto your account.
2. Click on ‘vehicle inspection’.
On the left side, you will see ‘apply for E-Sticker’
3. Click ‘create new e-sticker’
4. Key in your registration number and hit the query button.
5. Make the payment of Ksh. 1,750 using your preferred payment method (Mpesa preferably).
6. Click ‘complete’ and select your inspection center and book.
7. Confirm and then submit the provided information.
8. Print the generic booking slip for future use and inspection.
Following the vehicle inspection and testing, you will be issued with the NTSA sticker verification to show that the process is complete.