Home General Revealed: 2016 KCSE results for boys, girls were switched

Revealed: 2016 KCSE results for boys, girls were switched


Investigations indicate that there was a mix up in the 2016 KCSE results, with grades of boys being awarded to girls and vice versa.
According to a report by Daily Nation, boys performed better than girls, contrary to what was announced on national TV by Education CS Fred Matiang’i.
The results also indicated that out of the 571,161 candidates who sat the exam, 52 per cent were female and the remaining 48 per cent male.
However, data from KNEC indicates that 52 per cent were male and 48 per cent female, bringing to question the credibility of the results.
Further, a total of 2,964 candidates were not graded.
KNUT secretary General, Wilson Sossion had expressed concerns that the results were hurriedly released.
There were only 141 As in the exam, with only 88,928 qualifying to join universities.
Matiang’i insisted that the released results were verifiable and credible, amid calls for an audit from various quarters.

Previous articleMiguna “opens Peter Kenneth’s corruption files”
Next articleFormer Gor Mahia captain Jerim ‘Jagoal’ Onyango retires from football
Linguistics graduate and seasoned online journalist, researcher, content manager and SEO analyst.