14 things husbands want from their wives
These are the things husbands wish their wives knew, according to a focus group discussion I had recently:
- I also need me-time to process things
- Understand that I came first and give me first priority even after children come
- Do not let the househelp serve me
- Submit; we are not two men in the house
- Intimacy is like medicine for me
- Do not put your family above me, and balance between my family and yours
- I want a partner in prayer, not a congregant; sometimes lead us in Bible study and prayer
- The extravagance of courtship is no longer sustainable; understand that I am now supporting more people
- You do not need to always have the final say. When discussing issues, mind your tone.
- Dress up as you used to, but be decent
- Raising children is not a competition; we show care by providing
- Dress seductively in the bedroom
- Dress us the children; I want to feel proud around them too.
- I love my wife very much, even if I don’t say it often
Are you a married man? What are the things you wish your wife did that she is not currently doing?